- Category: Products
The MMS EPDC is an Electronic Paper Display Controller for driving electrophoretic panels, which is fully software-implemented. It may be hosted on a wide range of today's system-on-chip platforms. Unlike the common regionally-updating engines, the MMS EPDC offers the unique capability of driving the panel independently on per-pixel level.
- Software-implemented on ARM, GPU or DSP and system memory only
- Cost-effective solution for using legacy hardware backends - LCD-controller / generic memory interface
- Per-pixel parallelism of control, allowing dynamic user-interface scenarios
- Pixel-transparency for smooth and ghosting-free updates
- Non-blocking input interface, allowing integration under EPD-non-aware software environments
- Panel-resolution and refresh-rate scalable with overall system-performance from 20 to 100 Mpix/s
- Ease of adaptation to the still evolving technology of Electrophoretic displays
- SoC-encapsulated solution, providing better IP-protection to panel-driving methodology
The MMS EPDC is a mature product, proven within variety of commercial eReaders.